Who we are
What data do we collect?
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Our Company collects the following data:
- Name, e-mail address, company, telephone number and address of the course participant for identification of the learner and to supply certificates and joining instructions.
- The health history of learners as required for EUSR registrations.
- Date(s) of birth as required for EUSR registrations.
- Photographs of learners to allow us to process EUSR Water Hygiene and SHEA Water registrations.
- Photographs, video and audio discussions may be produced during training courses to provide supporting evidence for the course.
- Name and e-mail address on receiving enquiries via our contact form
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details and billing address
- Correspondence to and from Alpha Water Hygiene
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our courses.
- Voluntarily complete a Health Screening Questionnaire for EUSR registration.
- Completion of an Attendance Register on the day of the course.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback after any of our courses or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Complete our online contact form.
- Process your payment via our payment service provider
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Inform the relevant Independent Skills Platform to issue a card following a pass
- Confirm to employers successful participation in the course if you’ve agreed to it
- Email you with details or special offers on other courses.
- Respond to enquiries and feedback if you’ve asked us to
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including payment service providers) under contract with us.
To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Information technology (hardware and software) companies
- Payment processing companies
- Independent Skills Platforms relevant to the course industry (such as EUSR)
If you agree, Our Company will share your data with Alpha Swanson Ltd so that they may offer you its services.
When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Our Company securely stores your data within the United Kingdom. We are committed to doing all we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your data. For example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
Alpha Water Hygiene will keep your data only for as long as it needed to process your order, fulfil the purposes set out in this document and the law requires us to. Once this time has expired, we will delete your data.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
We will not share your data with any other third parties for marketing purposes or sell or rent your data to third parties.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of Our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 01904 207901
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies. However, our website uses:
- Functionality – Alpha Water Hygiene uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
A Legitimate Interest Assessment has been conducted and is reviewed regularly. Please find the latest copy HERE.
How to contact us
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 01904 207901
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern satisfactorily, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate)